Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Over Me

Sentimental sparks in your dreams
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Screaming, "shine a light into your life"

The boundaries of who we are and the world
Are wearing thin upon the pages
Of our fairy tale romance set in gold

And all I want is for us to fall back in love
But the disease is screwing us up for life

I can't stop the world from crashing on its knees
But I'd sure as hell would love to try
Who can keep the sun from setting
Or the waves from crashing
Down over me

Priests and nuns preaching in the streets
An Avant-garde of painters try to illustrate
The thoughts and debates surging in my head

But destiny was never on my side
Fought my way through the pain
Of all the ghosts in my closet and in my brain

Now let's be realistic- I'm a nut case at heart
But you somehow put up with me

I can't stop the future from happening- still I try
Forget me not's running through my mind
Who can stop the rain from flowing
Or the leaves from falling
Down over me

And all religion won't stop picking at our brains
Along with quantum theories and the opposite sex
But I can stop my life from failing
And my friends from crying
Down over me
There's a world around me
I need to trust. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment