Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dreamy Guy

As a child I thought I knew
What true love always seemed to be:
A beautiful girl gets the handsome man
Who treats her in the best way he can,
Puts her first in is life
Always saving her the last slice
But what if fairy tales lied
And all my child fantasies just died?
I thought that for the longest time
Maybe the man of my dreams
Isn't everything fairy tales make him out to be
Perhaps he's actually something more real
Someone we can both lean on
Who knows exactly how I feel.
The pain and depth portrayed in his eyes
Is nothing could ever criticize
Because I have been there
And the life we're living will no longer be a nightmare
We'd be able to lean on each other
And he'd understand
That would be my dream man.

Is that you?
Are you the one I can trust with everything?
My secrets, my dreams, my secret desires
Will this small spark become a wildfire?
I want your love, all your love and not revenge
Are you up for the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment