Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dear Mr. Wright

I've lost my faith but not hope
Every night I wish for a sign
That everything will be right again
Instead of living in a space that's benign

You're not at fault
My trust issues overrule all
I've tried and tried to let the past go
But it's bound to me and I just don't know

You treat me like a queen
I feel so awfully mean
But I'm trying to trust you
So that's more than just lust
You feel as if I'm letting you hang
But let don't me go- not yet.

I clearly love you- that's never been a lie
But can someone please tell me how and why
You can love someone yet not trust
Does that mean we'll fall to dust

It's me, not you-
And I'm doing all I can do
I wanna work this shit out
And I'm screaming aloud
I'm sorry for the way I act
Most of the times I feel like a dumbass
You can cut yourself loose if you please
Your happiness only means the world to me

I'm seeking the strength
The internal peace
That I've put off for months
Through sessions of therapy
Are they helping? A bit
And I'm finally leaving the past
I can truthfully admit

The wake-up call was sickening at first
Now can we put behind the worst?
I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart
And I have cared for you from the start
So please offer me that second chance
And let us continue this near-perfect romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment