Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Poetic Bits Collecting Dust in my Cell Phone

The man of the hour and the guy of my dreams
But nothing is ever quite as it seems

When I was playing Mozart
You were learning to climb a playground set
Well excuse me for being upset
But why must you be so childish?

Let's not play semantics
And cut to the chase
You're all I depend on
But obviously for you it's not the same

Why do you love me?
That's what every girl wants to know
Is it really for me
Or is it just for the way my body flows

This radioactive romance is dying fast
Spreading like cancer to the core and eating it

Wasting lung power on the process of living

I'll never tell you the sacrifices I've made
I've given up more than I've ever gained

I have rage in my step, a storm cultivating in my veins
The venom is black and it leaves my life filthy with stains

I don't love- I simply want
What pretty thing you offer
I'll take it and trash it up

The awkward silences burn holes through the metal taste in my mouth

Dear mother I wish I were famous
I'd be all those things you said I wouldn't

Is it possible to suffer from withdrawal from one person?

It's usually the ones that hold their heads highest
Whose insides are slowly dying
Devoured by the pride that doesn't exist

I leave you with a sense of loss when you leave me in power
I possess your soul with one swift kiss and you hate me for it

When I'm drunk I need to be put on a leash

I've fallen victim of a broken heart

My vision's gone blurry
My language's gotten slurry
Something's up in my mind

Euphoria's got my mind in a twist
Who knows long I can suffer through this

No comments:

Post a Comment