Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear God

Dear God, we haven't talked in a while
I'm assuming things are great wherever you are
I don't know if you're listening or even if you exist
Guess I won't know til it's all finished

But I wanna thank you for watching over me
And for letting me finally see

Through my injuries I've built up strength
Through my failures I've become wise
With a failed romance I can truly cry
And realize that heart break can only last a while
And your voice inside my head says, "carry on"

With my parents fighting and boys only here to take
I couldn't believe in love without heartbreak
Wishing I could only submerge myself in rivers of bliss
So I could escape from the pain of all this

Being treated like your jest and joke
The bank of faith has finally gone broke

If you could only see the the pain you've inflicted on me
Prayers gone unanswered- thought you were unreal

No comments:

Post a Comment