Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Soul Trapped In Love

What do you do when your heart is on the line?
Do you wash it up and hang it out to dry?
Should you leave all you know behind or follow it to the horizon?
As the sun sets you figure life out: bittersweet melancholy taste
The eyes fill with tears and your heart pounds
You play with me like a toy
And toy with me to the point of insanity.
Who are you and are your words legit
Or are you after me for your petty desires,
When in reality they should come in and through time.
Are you using me? If so I go right along with it.
Maybe you'll fall for me over again, maybe not.
I haven't stopped loving you- nor will I ever stop.
My heart aches a little, falls into that chasm
Of doubt, despair, worry.
But then again- I would rather have it this way
Then take what I had months ago- nothingness.
Ans surprisingly the idea of us pleasuring each other
Without that sort of love is fine with me.
We are best friends with benefits of the body-
Sleeping with each other minus the commitment
Yet I want more- the knowledge that when we sleep
You're watching over me and I'm the only one.
I dig a deeper grave for my heart
As we lie together- physically
The kisses- deep, rich, and passionate
Don't go-don't leave- is that what you're trying to say?
How am I supposed to know if you never try
To communicate the feelings inside

No comments:

Post a Comment