Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Dominoes

You said you didn't need me
You just wanna be a teenage boy
Stupid and wild and free

Not ready for anything serious
Caught me in the floods of drugs and lust
I was stupid enough to trust

You said you want a rocker girlfriend
Well baby, what am I to you?
You lied when the time arrived
Did you think I was your fool?
Late nights driving into the dark
You didn't know you were my light
Well you can it all back tonight

You should probably tell your friend Andrew
He'd be proud of all the things that you do
Afterall, dirt attracts scum

Kiss you out of my nightmares
I think I'll leave you standing there alone
Now take your shit and go

The dominoes keep falling faster
One over the next
Just like your perfect lies
Never given any rest
And now something between us died
But you'll still be cold inside
Well I'm taking it back tonight

But I loved you through and through
You were my perfect type then you
Threw it in the sea
How could you do a thing like that to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment