Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sunday, April 22

When you truly love someone, I suppose no matter how hard you try, you can't stop
Today, we cuddled on your love seat
After being caught in the heat of a tickle fight.
I've waited for possibly a hope to have a chance like this again.
God, I've missed you. How I've cried.
The joy I feel at this very moment brings horrid suspicions:
Will it last? Are you just shitting me? Will my prayers be answered?
The sweetness of your embrace, the strength of your arms-
Bringing every sense of belonging in the earth to its existence.
The tears of joy, the breath of fresh air, the smell of your skin-
Will the gods be gracious and finally allow us to be together?
I can't tell anyone. Will I jinx it?
I want this to be true- more than just a summer romance under the stars;
Please give me this second chance I've been begging for.
I'd stop the world, put a halt to all eternity, bring the world to its knees.
Screw everything and anyone that doesn't understand love.
They could go to hell for judging what we have.
And it'll work for the better. And like the air, we'll rise
To the heavens when they open themselves for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment